We always look forward to seeing you at one of our advice centres, but we know that it’s not always convenient for you to visit us during regular business hours. That’s why we’re happy to offer you Affinity Credit Union Online Banking and Affinity Mobile, so that you can connect with your money and access a full variety of member services anytime, from anywhere.
How We Protect You
We are dedicated to keeping you safe as you bank online. Here are some of the practices Affinity follows to ensure all our members are protected.
- We’ve implemented best of breed technical solutions which help prevent unauthorized access to our systems.
- We use 256-bit encryption, the standard for secure transactions, converting data into code to make it unreadable while in transit.
- Upon entering Affinity Credit Union Online Banking, you will receive a message that you are entering a secure site.
- After four unsuccessful login attempts, your Internet Banking account is locked out and your Internet Banking session is automatically terminated if left unattended.
- The web site address will change from “http” to "https" meaning the server is secure.
- You will have a closed padlock at the bottom of your screen.
- In addition to encrypted passwords, Affinity Credit Union Online Banking services offers enhanced security using security questions and security image and phrase to help you identify you are accessing Affinity Credit Union’s Online Banking site (and not, a fraudulent site masked to appear as the legitimate online banking site). You will be asked to answer one of your personal security questions if you login to Affinity Credit Union Online Banking from a computer that you have not previously registered as ‘trusted’.
- Use of robust and multi-layered security of servers and applications, multiple layers of internal and external firewalls which protect Affinity Credit Union’s online environments.
- Regular reviews of our security practices and technology updates as well as regular reviews to ensure our security and privacy policies and standards reflect our industry leading position.
- Access to our databases is strictly managed and systems are in place to ensure security is not breached, including the physical security of our computer hardware and communications.
- Automatic session terminations - To help you protect your information, if there has been no activity for 15 minutes, you will be prompted that your session will be terminated and have the option to continue with your session, if not replied to within 5 minutes; your online banking session will end automatically.
- Prevention of Browser Caching (storing of pages) is enabled by default when using Affinity Credit Union Online Banking application. This prevents secure pages and page information from being stored on your personal computer. It is also a beneficial security feature if you are accessing the site from a shared computer, such as at a friend's house or through a publicly accessible computer, such as at a library or airport.
Staying safe online is a shared responsibility. You can be assured that we’ll do our part to keep you safe 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. By following the tips outlined below, and immediately reporting any suspicious activity to the proper authorities, you can help ensure that your experience with Affinity Online Banking and Affinity Mobile is the way it should be: easy, convenient and built around you!
What You Can Do
- Install firewall software from a reputable vendor. Any device connected to the Internet is susceptible to malicious attack if it is not properly protected. A firewall creates a barrier between your personal computer and the Internet allowing you to control the flow of information to and from your computer.
- Use a secure browser. To make sure that you can complete your transactions securely and confidentially, you must use a Web browser that supports a minimum of 128-bit transport layer security TLS). Although other Web browsers may also function, we've tested several that are proven to work with Affinity Credit Union Internet Banking Services on both Windows and Mac platforms:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 8 and later
- Mozilla Firefox® 8 and later
- Apple Safari® 2 and later
- Google® Chrome 14 and later
- Opera 8 and later
- We strongly recommend always using the latest version of your desired browser
- Secure your network. If you have an in-home Wi-Fi network that allows you to surf online without being connected by a cable, be sure to safeguard your network with a robust network security system that features strong encryption.
- Protect your password. Difficult to guess, unique passwords are the best. Longer passwords that mix numbers and letters are more difficult to guess than shorter ones. Under no circumstances should you share your passwords with anyone (including Affinity Credit Union staff). Use different passwords for different web sites and accounts, and change your passwords on a regular basis. That’s one of the first things that sophisticated cyber criminals look for if they make it past your network security. Disable automatic password-save features in the browsers and software you use to access the Internet.
- Protect your devices. Some forms of malware are designed to take over your computer and steal passwords and other information, which are then used to commit fraud, identity theft, and other criminal acts. Be sure that all of your devices – e.g. computer, laptop, tablet and smartphone – are protected with reliable anti-virus and anti-spyware software, and make sure to update it regularly.
- Be careful what you download. While most games, tools and programs available on the net are harmless, there’s a chance that a download may contain malware or spyware. To stay safe, only download programs and email attachments from trusted sources, and be sure to thoroughly scan them with your up-to-date anti-virus software before installing.
- Keep your software up to date. It is not uncommon for security holes and software bugs to be identified in commercial software after it is released. It is important to regularly visit the software vendors’ websites to obtain security patches and software updates.
- Never leave your computer unattended while using our online banking services.
- Logout after you are finished your online banking session. Always exit the Affinity Credit Union Online Banking using the logout button and close your browser if you step away from your computer. Your browser may retain information you entered in the login screen and elsewhere until you exit the browser.
- Only access mobile banking through our Affinity Mobile App. It is available from the Google Play Store, or Apple App Store.
- Protect your Personal Access Code. You are responsible for keeping your PAC, security questions and answers confidential; they should not be stored on your mobile device.
- Contact your mobile carrier to have the device deactivated if your mobile device is lost or stolen. Mobile Banking cannot be accessed without your Card Number and Personal Access Code. Your Personal Access Code cannot be saved on your Mobile Banking logon.
- Never leave your mobile device unattended while using mobile banking. Once you are finished your banking, always log out of Mobile Banking and close your browser.
- Use a secure network. Do not access Mobile Banking if using unsecure Wi-Fi (public Wi-Fi hot spot) on your mobile device.
- Use a password to lock your phone screen. When not in use this will protect it against unauthorized usage.
- Use an antivirus program. You can have antivirus protection for your mobile device just as you have for your PC. There is also software that can be purchased for your mobile device that will wipe your phone remotely in case it is lost or stolen.