Application deadlines: May 1 and September 1
The South East District represents members living in the geographical district which includes but isn't limited to the communities of Beaubier, Bienfait, Carlyle, Carnduff, Estevan, Lampman, Manor, Minton-Gladmar, Oxbow and Redvers.
We aim to ensure geographic distribution of funds across the communities where we operate. No single project will be eligible to receive more than 25% of the funds available.
We’re specifically interested in supporting local initiatives and organizations dedicated to:
- enhancing financial and social well-being for vulnerable individuals, groups or communities.
- developing and/or maintaining community facilities and infrastructure required for community well-being.
- facilitating and building capacity for sustainable local economic development.
- enhancing and promoting environmental sustainability.
When assessing applications, we prioritize organizations and initiatives that:
- address a compelling community need that does not duplicate existing service or facilities and demonstrates strong community support.
- demonstrate potential to achieve tangible impact on residents and communities.
- demonstrate the capacity to successfully carry out the proposed program or project
- may have limited access to other major sources of funding, but demonstrate efforts to carry out fundraising activities that contribute to project costs (we will not fund 100% of project expenses).
- have a membership with Affinity Credit Union.
Types of requests we consider include:
- capital requests for facilities/building purchase, construction or improvement projects.
- capital requests for equipment, furnishings or other capital items.
- program funding and one-time project funding requests (rather than ongoing operational costs)
- other projects at the discretion of the District Council.
Typically, we don’t consider requests for:
- private businesses or individuals.
- political or lobby groups.
- religious activities (with the exception of non-denominational activities with community-based purposes other than propagation of faith).
- endowments, contingency funds or long-term deficit funding/debt reduction (Note: we will consider retroactive capital requests for recent initiatives of less than one year; retroactive program or project expenses will not be considered).
- competitive sports teams, private schools or operations of service clubs.
- fundraising activities or events, including annual campaigns, ticket purchases and third party fundraising.
- conferences, meetings, field trips or tours.