MemberCard® Debit Card
Your debit card – or your MemberCard® as we like to call it at Affinity – is a helpful tool to manage your money. Use it for making purchases if the merchant terminal displays an INTERAC† symbol. Simply tap or insert your card and you don’t need to worry about cash.
Our MemberCard® also allows you to withdraw cash from an ATM. Visit one of 1,800 credit union ding free® ATMs across Canada – that’s a larger ATM network than most banks! If you’re searching for an ATM, turn to the Affinity Mobile app to find the surcharge-free machine nearest you.
If you’re stuck and there’s no ding free ATM in sight, your card will work on other ATMs in Canada, but it’ll cost you $2 per withdrawal. Your card can take you beyond Canada’s borders but, when using your card internationally, you can expect a $3 charge for ATM withdrawals.
Global PaymentTM MasterCard®
It’s like a credit card in some ways and like your MemberCard® in other ways. No matter which way you look at it the Global PaymentTM MasterCard® is good news in just about every way. Here’s why:
- Use it like a debit card to make purchases or withdraw cash from an ATM.
- Use it like a credit card. It can be used around the world wherever MasterCard® is accepted and even online. Best part - funds come out of your Affinity account, so there’s no debt.
- It’s even available for 15 to 17 year olds – unlike a credit card.
- There’s no annual fee.
- You can collect CHOICE REWARDS® points that can be redeemed for products, travel and gift cards. There’s an annual fee of $24 for the CHOICE REWARDS program.
- Use your card to purchase items and you’ll receive 90-day purchase protection against loss, theft and damage and up to two years extended warranty over the manufacturer’s warranty.
- It comes with travel insurance: up to $100,000 common carrier travel accident insurance when you purchase your ticket with your card; up to $300 baggage delay expenses; and emergency assistance services for emergency cash transfer, lost document/ticket replacement and lost luggage; $1,000 accidental death insurance paid to your beneficiary.