There’s a lot to consider when choosing your financial institution. The relationship you build with your bank or credit union can last for years, so it’s important to weigh your options carefully. Here are 5 very good reasons why Affinity’s the place for you:
- We’re local. From the employees at our branches all the way up to our CEO, every one of us works and lives in Saskatchewan. Our operations are squarely focused on this province, and that means your deposits stay here. We fuel the local economy by turning your deposits into loans and mortgages for other Affinity members and businesses and community groups.
- We support hundreds of organizations across the province every year with millions of dollars in grants and sponsorships. These organizations help enrich our communities and make our world a better place to live, and it’s members like you who make this support possible.
- One reason we can support so many Saskatchewan organizations is that, as a credit union, we don’t have shareholders – we have members. This means our profits serve a different purpose than those of banks. Because we’re owned by our members, our profits don’t land in the pockets of investors. Instead, they help us reduce costs for our members, streamline our operations and improve the communities we serve.
- The way we’re governed keeps us focused squarely on the communities where we operate. It also gives you a voice in how we, your credit union operates. You can come to our Annual General Meeting and vote on issues, or you can get even more involved and run to represent your community as a delegate on your local District Council. Either way, as a member, you have a voice.
- Member perks. Affinity members enjoy special offers and discounts to various venues and events across the province.
If you share these same values, maybe Affinity is right for you. Call our Contact Centre at 1.866.863.6237 to become the next Affinity member. We can’t wait for you to join us!