District Council 7 represents 6 communities located north of Saskatoon, including Borden, Dalmeny, Hepburn, Langham, Martensville and Waldheim.
Our Funding Principles and Preferences
We strive to distribute funding equitably across the communities within our district and immediate surrounding areas to those programs and initiatives that best demonstrate their potential to benefit local residents and communities.
Preferred areas of support include:
- Initiatives targeting youth and seniors.
- Arts and cultural facilities and programs.
- Sports and recreation facilities (e.g. recreation centres, playgrounds, soccer pitches, etc.).
- Initiatives addressing affordable housing and poverty reduction.
- Community and civic services (i.e. fire and safety equipment, daycare facilities, etc.).
- Environmental initiatives.
Types of requests considered:
- Capital request for facilities, building construction or improvement projects.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings and other capital items.
- Program funding and 1-time project funding requests.
When assessing applications, we put priority on:
- Initiatives that have limited access to other sources of funding, demonstrate a high need for Affinity support, and where Affinity support can help leverage other funds.
- Projects that benefit a large number of community members.
- Local, community-based organizations and initiatives that have wide-spread community support and a strong track record.
- Organizations that are Affinity members.
Eligibility for Funding
You’re eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit or other community-based voluntary organization.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations, or local educational institution or entity.
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or benefits the communities within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Team requests.
- Event sponsorships.
- Larger national health organizations and other charities.