District Council 6 represents 6 communities in our eastern region, including Hudson Bay, Kamsack, Lintlaw, Norquay, Pelly and Togo.
Our Funding Principles and Preferences
We strive to distribute funding equitably across the communities within our district and immediate surrounding area to programs and initiatives that best demonstrate their potential to benefit our local residents.
Our preferred areas of support include:
- Initiatives supporting youth development.
- Facilities and programs supporting seniors in our communities.
- Recreation and community facilities and programs.
- Organizations and initiatives serving vulnerable or disadvantaged populations.
- Environmental initiatives.
Types of requests considered include:
- Capital request for facilities construction or improvement projects.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings or other capital items.
- Program funding and 1-time project funding requests.
When assessing applications, we may place priority on:
- Initiatives that have limited access to other sources of funding, demonstrate a high need for Affinity support, and where Affinity support can help leverage other funds
- Projects that produce broad benefits for many residents in the community.
- Local, community-based organizations and initiatives that have wide-spread community support and a strong track record.
- Organizations who have demonstrated efforts to raise funds for the initiative (local fundraising).
- Organizations that are Affinity members.
Eligibility for Funding
You’re eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit or other community-based voluntary organization.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations, or local educational institution or entity applying for funding for community-based projects or facilities (e.g. community halls, recreation facilities, playgrounds, etc.).
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or benefits the communities within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Team requests.
- Event sponsorships.
- Municipal infrastructure projects.
- Museum facilities and initiatives.