District Council 5 represents 4 communities in our southern region, including Broadview, Milestone, Regina and Sedley.
We allocate funding to the 4 communities in our district on the basis of the number of members there, with approximately 70% of funding allocated to Regina and 10% for each of Broadview, Milestone and Sedley.
Our Funding Principles and Preferences
We provide funding to projects and initiatives across the communities within our district - and immediate surrounding areas - that best demonstrate potential to benefit our local residents and improve quality of life in our communities.
Types of requests considered include:
- Capital requests for facilities construction or improvement projects.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings or other capital items.
- Program funding and 1-time project funding requests.
When assessing applications we put priority on:
- Organizations and initiatives serving vulnerable or disadvantaged populations and aiming to build self-reliance.
- Facilities and programs supporting seniors in our communities.
- Cultural initiatives and programs for the francophone community.
- Initiatives that have limited access to other sources of funding, demonstrate a high need for Affinity support, and where Affinity support can help leverage other funds.
- Projects that benefit a large number of community members.
- Local, community-based organizations and initiatives that have wide-spread community support and a strong track record.
- We may place priority on organizations that are Affinity Credit Union members.
Approval of funding in 1 year doesn’t guarantee funding in subsequent years. We don’t provide multi-year funding.
Eligibility for Funding
You’re eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit or other community-based voluntary organization.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations, Métis organization, or local educational institution or entity.
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or benefits the communities within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider the requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Team requests.
- Event sponsorships.
- Fundraising activities and appeals such as disaster relief.