District Council 4 represents 12 communities located in our central region, including Bulyea, Colonsay, Davidson, Kenaston, Meacham, Nokomis, Semans, Simpson, Strasbourg, Tugaske, Viscount and Watrous.
Our Funding Principles and Preferences
We strive to distribute funding equitably across the communities within our district and immediate surrounding area to initiatives and programs that best demonstrate their potential to benefit local residents.
Types of requests considered include:
- Capital requests for facilities and building construction or improvement projects.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings and other capital items.
- Program funding and 1-time project funding requests.
When assessing applications, we put priority on:
- Initiatives that have limited access to other sources of funding, demonstrate a high need for Affinity support, and where Affinity support can help leverage other funds.
- Requests for capital improvements that enhance and build assets.
- Projects that benefit a large number of community members.
- Organizations and initiatives that have wide-spread community support, a good track record and strong governance.
- Organizations that are Affinity members.
Eligibility for Funding
You’re eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit or other community-based voluntary organization.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations, or local educational institution or entity.
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or benefits the communities within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Event sponsorships.