District Council 23 represents the communities of Saskatoon, Warman and Muenster.
Our Funding Priorities and Preferences
Our aim is to enter into partnerships with community organizations that can benefit from the core competencies of Affinity, and contribute to sustainable community economic and social development through initiatives that:
- Promote self-reliant approaches to poverty reduction and community-based economic development.
- Create opportunities for disadvantaged individuals (such as people living with disabilities, low-income families, at-risk youth and indigenous populations) to more fully integrate into economic and social life.
- Contribute to environmental sustainability.
We consider a range of requests that contribute to our funding goals, including:
- Program funding and 1-time project funding requests.
- Capital requests for facilities or building construction, repair or maintenance projects, equipment and other capital items.
- Organizational capacity development funding.
- Seed and planning funding (e.g. business plans for projects, enterprise or housing initiatives).
When assessing applications, we look for those initiatives and organizations that:
- Demonstrate potential to achieve positive outcomes in our funding priority areas.
- Address a critical need in the community and have strong community support.
- Have limited access to other sources of funding, demonstrate a need for Affinity support, and/or can leverage Affinity support to access other funds.
- Demonstrate the capacity to successfully carry out the proposed program or project.
We may place priority on organizations that are Affinity members.
Eligibility for funding
You’re eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit, community-based voluntary organization or mission-based enterprise.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations, or local educational institution or entity.
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or directly benefits communities and individuals within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Team requests, including travel or uniforms.
- Event sponsorships.