District Council 13 is a new addition to the Affinity Credit Union family. If you’re in the Shaunavon area and applying for District Council Funding, select the central region in your application.
Our Funding Principles and Preferences
We strive to support initiatives from each of the communities (and immediate surrounding area) within our district that best demonstrate their potential to benefit local residents.
Types of requests considered included:
- Capital requests for facilities or building construction, repair or maintenance projects.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings and other capital items.
- Program funding and 1-time project funding requests.
Some of our current funding priorities and preferences include:
- Initiatives that benefit seniors and youth.
- Support for community facilities development, purchases or improvements.
- Recreation facilities and equipment.
- Funding for community voluntary groups that may not have access to many other sources.
Eligibility for Funding
You’re eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit or other community-based voluntary organization.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations, or local educational institution or entity.
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or benefits the communities within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Team request, including travel or uniforms.
- Event sponsorships.