District Council 10 represents 6 communities in our northwest region including Birch Hills, Candle Lake, Christopher Lake, Paddockwood, Prince Albert and St. Louis.
Funding Priorities and Preferences
We seek to fund a broad range of projects and initiatives that contribute to stronger communities and local economies, and that address local needs, priorities and opportunities.
Types of requests we consider include:
- Capital request for facilities construction or improvement projects.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings or other capital items.
- Program funding and 1-time project funding requests.
When assessing applications, we look for those initiatives and organizations that:
- Address a compelling community need or priority, and demonstrate strong community support and partnership.
- Demonstrate potential to achieve tangible impact on residents and communities, and where possible align with Affinity community impact areas of focus.
- Demonstrate a capacity to carry out the proposed project successfully and have secured the other funds or in-kind resources required to carry out the project.
- Demonstrate the potential to be sustainable in the future (this includes capital projects such as buildings, renovations, and equipment purchases).
- Are seeking funding for 1-time initiatives rather than ongoing operational costs.
- Membership at Affinity Credit Union is not a requirement, but preference will be given to organizations who are members.
Eligibility for Funding
Your organization is eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a local not-for-profit or other community-based voluntary organization.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations, or local educational institution or entity.
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or benefits the communities within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider requests for the following:
- Events and organizations that take place and/or benefit those outside of the Affinity Credit Union District 10 boundaries.
- Where the primary applicant is an individual or private business.
- Political, advocacy or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding (short term retroactive funding for capital initiatives may be considered).
- Are normally funded by municipal, provincial, or federal tax dollars.
- Event sponsorships.
- Where primary applicant is an employee, delegate, or board member of Affinity Credit Union.
- Third-party fundraising for a registered charity.