District Council 1 represents 6 communities located to the north of Saskatoon, including: Aberdeen, Bellevue, Hague, Laird, Osler and Rosthern.
Our Funding Principles and Preferences
We strive to support initiatives from each of the communities (and immediate surrounding area) within our district that best demonstrate their potential to benefit local residents.
Some of our current funding priorities and preferences include:
- Initiatives that benefit seniors and youth.
- Initiatives that support community facilities development, purchases or improvements.
- Recreation facilities and equipment.
- Funding for community volunteer groups that may not have access to many other sources.
Types of requests considered:
- Capital requests for facilities/building construction, repair or maintenance projects,
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings and other capital items.
- Program funding and 1-time project funding requests.
When assessing applications, we put priority on:
- Projects that are conceived, developed and operated by local, community-based organizations and groups.
- Initiatives that have limited access to other sources of funding, demonstrate a high need for Affinity support, and where Affinity support can help leverage other funds.
- Projects that benefit a large number of community members.
- Projects that leave a legacy in the community.
- Organizations and initiatives that have wide-spread community support, a good track-record and strong governance.
- Organizations that are Affinity members.
Eligibility for Funding
You’re eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit or other community-based voluntary organization.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations, or local educational institution or entity.
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or benefits the communities within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Team requests, including travel or uniforms.
- Event sponsorships.