Our Funding Priorities and Preferences
We’re committed to building a better world by investing our resources in bettering our communities, strengthening our economy and improving quality of life for individuals and families. We focus on distributing funding to local programs and initiatives that make a meaningful difference.
We’re specifically interested in supporting local initiatives and organizations dedicated to:
- promoting self-reliant approaches to poverty reduction and community-based economic development.
- creating opportunities for disadvantaged individuals (such as people living with disabilities, low-income families, at-risk youth and Indigenous populations) to integrate more fully into economic and social life.
- enhancing and promoting approaches to environmental sustainability that minimize social and economic barriers. These initiatives may include environmental leadership and education, retrofits, sustainable transportation, local/sustainable purchasing, ecosystem preservation and restoration, sustainable agriculture and resource management
- responding to the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action.
When assessing applications, we prioritize organizations and initiatives that:
- demonstrate potential to achieve positive outcomes in our funding priority areas.
- address a critical need in the community and have strong community support.