South East District – Overview
The South East District represents members living in the geographical district, which includes but isn’t limited to the following communities: Beaubier, Bienfait, Carlyle, Carnduff, Estevan, Lampman, Manor, Minton-Gladmar, Oxbow and Redvers.
Our Funding Priorities and Preferences
We strive to respond to a broad range of community needs by supporting non-profit organizations and initiatives providing services that enhance social and economic well-being in our communities.
Our priority areas of support include:
- Community and arts or cultural facilities and equipment (eg. libraries, community halls, theatres, museums, etc.).
- Sports and recreation facilities (e.g. sports complexes, curling rinks, public playgrounds, playing fields, etc.).
- Social development, health and wellness, particularly supporting disadvantaged or vulnerable populations.
- Community economic development and affordable housing.
- Environmental sustainability.
We consider a range of request types in the following order of priority:
- Capital requests for facilities/building purchase, construction or improvement.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings or other capital items.
- Specific program delivery funding (not general operating funds).
- One-time projects and major events.
- Other projects at the discretion of the District Council.
When assessing applications, we look for initiatives and organizations that:
Typically, we don’t consider requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political, special interest or lobby groups.
- Religious activities (with the exception of non-denominational activities with community-based purposes other than the propagation of faith).
- Endowments, contingency funds or long-term deficit funding/debt reduction (Note: we will consider retroactive capital requests for recent initiatives of less than one year; retroactive program or project expenses will not be considered).
- Competitive sports teams, private schools or operations of service clubs.
- Fundraising activities or events, including annual campaigns, ticket purchases and third-party fundraising.
- Conferences, meetings, field trips or tours.
Application Deadline and Processes
We accept applications on an ongoing basis however, we’ll consider all applications submitted by the following deadline and will inform the group of our funding decision within six to eight weeks of the funding deadline.