South District – Overview
The South District represents members living in the geographical district, which includes but isn’t limited to the following communities: Broadview, Milestone, Regina and Sedley.
Our Funding Priorities and Preferences
We strive to distribute funding equitably across the communities within our district and immediate surrounding area to programs and projects that best demonstrate their potential to benefit our local residents. Types of requests considered include:
- Capital requests for facilities construction or improvement projects.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings or other capital items.
- Program funding and 1-time project funding requests.
When assessing applications we may favor and/or place priority on:
- Organizations and initiatives serving vulnerable or disadvantaged population and aiming to building self-reliance.
- Facilities and programs supporting seniors in our communities.
- Initiatives that have limited access to other sources of funding, demonstrate a high need for Affinity support, and where Affinity support can help leverage other funds.
- Projects that produce broad benefits for many residents in the community.
- Local, community-based organizations/initiatives that have wide-spread community support and a strong track-record.
Eligible for Funding
You’re eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit or other community-based voluntary organization.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations or local educational institution/entity.
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or benefits the communities within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider the requests of the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Team requests.
- Event sponsorships (see our sponsorship and donation program).
- Fundraising activities and appeals such as disaster relief.
Application Deadline and Processes
We accept applications on an ongoing basis however, we’ll consider all applications submitted by the following deadline and will inform the group of our funding decision within six to eight weeks of the funding deadline.