South Central District – Overview
The South Central District represents members living in the geographical district, which includes but isn’t limited to the following communities: Bulyea, Colonsay, Davidson, Kenaston, Meacham, Nokomis, Semans, Shaunavon, Simpson, Strasbourg, Tugaske, Viscount and Watrous.
Our Funding Priorities and Preferences
We strive to support initiatives within our district that best demonstrate their potential to benefit local residents. Types of requests considered include, but aren’t limited to:
- Capital requests for facilities/building construction or improvement projects.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings and other capital items.
- Program funding and one-time project funding requests.
Some of our current funding priorities and preferences include:
- Initiatives that benefit seniors and youth.
- Support for community facilities development, purchases or improvements.
- Recreation facilities and equipment.
- Initiatives that have limited access to other sources of funding, demonstrate a high need for Affinity support, and where Affinity support can help leverage other funds.
- Requests for capital improvements that enhance and build assets.
- Projects that produce benefits for many residents in the community.
- Organizations/initiatives that have wide-spread community support, a good track-record and strong governance.
- Organizations that are Affinity Credit Union members.
Eligible for Funding
You’re eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit or other community-based voluntary organization
- You’re a municipal,First Nations, or local educational institution/entity
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or benefits the communities within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider the requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Event sponsorships (see our sponsorship and donation program).
Application Deadline and Processes
We accept applications on an ongoing basis however, we’ll consider all applications submitted by the following deadlines and will inform the group of our funding decision within six to eight weeks of the funding deadline.
- May 15, 2018
- September 15, 2018