Saskatoon District – Overview
The Saskatoon District encompasses the business area historically or traditionally served by locations in the trading area of Saskatoon.
Our Funding Priorities and Preferences
Our aim is to enter into partnerships with community organizations that can benefit from the core competencies of Affinity and contribute to sustainable community economic and social development through initiatives that:
- Promote self-reliant approaches to poverty reduction and community-based economic development.
- Create opportunities for disadvantaged individuals (such as people living with disabilities, low-income families, at-risk youth and aboriginal populations) to more fully integrate into economic and social life.
- Contribute to environmental sustainability.
We consider a range of requests that contribute to our funding goals, including:
- Program funding and 1-time project funding requests.
- Capital request for facilities/building construction, repair or maintenance projects, equipment and other capital items.
- Organizational capacity development funding.
- Seed/planning funding (e.g. business plans for projects, enterprise or housing initiatives).
When assessing applications, we look for organizations and initiatives that:
- Demonstrate potential to achieve positive outcomes in our funding priority areas.
- Address a critical need in the community and have strong community support.
- Have limited access to other sources of funding, demonstrate a high need for Affinity support, and/or can leverage Affinity support to access other funds.
- Demonstrate the capacity to successfully carry-out the proposed program or project.
- Have a membership at Affinity Credit Union. This isn’t a requirement, but preference will be given to organizations who are members.
Eligible for Funding
You’re eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit, community-based voluntary organization or mission-based enterprise.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations, or local educational institution/entity.
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or directly benefits communities and individuals within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider the requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Team requests, including travel or uniforms.
- Event sponsorships (please see our sponsorship and donation program).
Application Deadline and Processes
We accept applications on an ongoing basis however, we’ll consider all applications submitted by the following deadlines and will inform the group of our funding decision within six to eight weeks of the funding deadline.
- May 15, 2018
- September 15, 2018