North District – Overview
The North District represents members living in the geographical district, which includes but isn’t limited to the following communities: Borden, Dalmeny, Hague, Hepburn, Laird, Langham, Martensville, Osler, Rosthern, Waldheim and Warman.
Our Funding Priorities and Preferences
We strive to support initiatives within our district that best demonstrate their potential to benefit local residents.
Some of our current funding priorities and preferences include:
- Initiatives that benefit seniors and youth.
- Support for community facilities development, purchases or improvements.
- Recreation facilities and equipment.
- Arts and cultural facilities and programs.
- Initiatives addressing affordable housing and poverty reduction.
- Environmental initiatives.
- Funding for community voluntary groups that may not have access to many other sources.
- Projects that produce benefits for many residents in the community.
- Local, community-based organizations/initiatives that have wide-spread community support and a strong track-record.
- Organizations that are members of Affinity Credit Union.
Types of requests considered include but are not limited to:
- Capital requests for facilities/building construction, repair or maintenance projects.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings and other capital items.
- Program funding and one-time project funding requests.
Eligible for Funding
Organizations are eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit or other community-based voluntary organization.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations or local educational institution/entity.
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or benefits the communities within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Team requests.
- Event sponsorships (please see our sponsorship and donation program).
Application Deadline and Processes
We accept applications on an ongoing basis however, we’ll consider all applications submitted by the following deadlines, and will inform the group of our funding decision within six to eight weeks of the funding deadline.
- May 15, 2018
- September 15, 2018