Indigenous District – Overview
Our Indigenous District Council represents First Nations communities and bands across the province. Current members include Beardy's & Okemasis, Cowessess, Kahkewistahaw, Kinistin Saulteaux, Little Pine, Lucky Man, Muskeg Lake, The Key, Red Pheasant Cree, Whapeton Dakota and Whitecap Dakota.
Our Funding Priorities and Preferences
We strive to distribute funding to programs and initiatives within our communities that best demonstrate their potential to benefit our community members.
We support a broad range of initiatives benefiting Indigenous communities and individuals including:
- Initiatives that support youth development, including education and sports, as well as those serving disadvantaged youth.
- Cultural Events/Pow Wows and other community embraced celebrations.
- Community economic development activities and Indigenous advocacy initiatives.
- Arts and Cultural initiatives.
- Health initiatives.
- Elders and initiatives supporting seniors.
- Environmental initiatives.
Types of requests considered:
- Capital requests for facilities construction or improvement projects.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings or other capital items.
- Program funding and one-time project funding requests.
Eligible for Funding
Funding is available to:
- First Nations bands in Saskatchewan.
- Non-profit organizations operated by, or serving, indigenous communities and individuals.
- Other First Nations organizations (eg. FSIN, etc.).
Typically, we don’t consider requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
Application Deadline and Processes
We accept applications on an ongoing basis however, we’ll consider all applications submitted by the following deadline and will inform the group of our funding decision within six to eight weeks of the funding deadline.