East District – Overview
The East District represents members living in the geographical district, which includes but isn’t limited to the following communities: Kamsack, Lintlaw, Norquay, Pelly, Porcupine Plain, Togo and Hudson Bay.
Our Funding Priorities and Preferences
We strive to distribute funding equitably across the communities within our district and immediate surrounding area to programs and initiatives that best demonstrate their potential to benefit local residents.
Our preferred areas of support include:
- Initiatives supporting youth development.
- Facilities and programs supporting seniors in our communities.
- Recreation and community facilities and programs.
- Organizations and initiatives serving vulnerable or disadvantaged population.
- Environmental initiatives.
Types of requests considered include:
- Capital requests for facilities construction or improvement projects.
- Capital requests for equipment, furnishings or other capital items.
- Program funding and 1-time project funding requests.
When assessing applications, we may place priority on:
- Initiatives that have limited access to other sources of funding, demonstrate a high need for Affinity support, and where Affinity support can help leverage other funds.
- Projects that produce broad benefits for many residents in the community.
- Local, community-based organizations/initiatives that have wide-spread community support and a strong track-record.
- Organizations that are members of Affinity Credit Union.
Eligible for Funding
You’re eligible to apply for funding if:
- You’re a not-for-profit or other community-based voluntary organization.
- You’re a municipal, First Nations or local educational institution/entity.
- Your organization and initiative is located in and/or benefits the communities within this district.
Typically, we don’t consider requests for the following:
- Private businesses or individuals
- Political or lobby groups.
- Religious activities.
- Contingency funds or deficit funding.
- Team requests.
- Event sponsorships (see our sponsorship and donation program).
- Municipal infrastructure projects (e.g. water and sewage, etc.).
- Museum facilities and initiatives.
Application Deadline and Processes
We accept applications on an ongoing basis however, we’ll consider all applications submitted by the following deadlines and will inform the group of our funding decision within six to eight weeks of the funding deadline.
- May 15, 2018
- September 15, 2018