Before you begin
Before you begin the application process, follow the checklist below so that you'll have all the required supporting documents ready to attach electronically to your application.
Once your application has been successfully submitted, you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail. If you don’t get an email back right away, send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll check on your application status.
If you have questions or if you need help with the application process, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306.294.7279 – we’d love to help!
What you’ll need to submit with your application:
1. Reference letter: You’ll need a reference letter written by a teacher, group leader or community member, ready to attach electronically. Your reference can’t be a relative. The letter should answer the following questions:
- Tell us about the student’s personal qualities
- Tell us about the student’s contribution to their community and school
- Why should this student receive this award?
2. School transcript: You’ll need to have your school transcript for your Grade 10 year and first semester of Grade 11 ready to attach electronically.
3. Essay Question: The application includes 1 essay question on co-operatives in your community. You can prepare your essay ahead of time and then copy and paste it into your application. It should have a max of 400 words. You have a choice of two topics to write about:
Essay Option 1
Describe your vision for the kind of community you’d like to live it.
- How would co-operative principles and values contribute to this vision?
- Briefly describe two projects (real of potential), one being a co-op, that would contribute to this idea.
Essay Option 2
Provide a brief history of any co-operative in your community.
- What role does it play in the well-being of your community?
- How did it incorporate the co-operative values and principles in its daily functioning?
Tip: To help you prepare, check out the following links to learn all about how co-operatives make a difference:
Click APPLY NOW and get started! The application deadline is May 1, 2018.
Remember, you’ll need to attach the following as outlined above:
- Reference letter
- Essay question
*Please ensure your supporting documents are in one of the following formats: PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPG, or PNG, and that each document is no more than 1MB in size.
If your reference letter or transcript/marks is larger than 1MB, you can email it to: email@example.com.
To find out if you’ve been selected, keep your eyes on your inbox! Successful participants will be notified via email – you might need to check in your junk folder to make sure you don’t miss it!