In 2019, Harold Chapman, a founding pioneer of Saskatchewan’s cooperative movement shared his story with us. Inspired by Harold, we are asking you to share your story – tell us how you, your family or your community has been impacted by a credit union.
Entries for each category will be judged by a panel of judges named by Affinity Credit Union. Entries will be evaluated on the basis of originality, the impact message and general presentation. A first and second prize winner will be chosen in each age category:
Youth – 18 years of age and younger
- 1st Prize – $1000
- 2nd Prize – $750
Adult – 19 years of age and older
- 1st Prize – $1000
- 2nd Prize – $750
If suitable prize winner(s) cannot be allocated in one of the categories, Affinity Credit Union reserves the right to award additional prizes to the other category, or not to make any award at all.
Contest General Rules and Information:
- An entry must be the original work and the name and contact information provided must be the person who created the content.
- All entries must be submitted by via the online form accessible at www.affinitycu.ca. The contest deadline is Sunday, November 8, 2020 at 12:01am CST. No faxed, emailed, or hand delivered submissions are allowed.
- No revisions or changes may be made to an entry once you have submitted it.
- All entries are judged anonymously. Do not put your name or contact information or other identifying information anywhere other than the submission form provided.
- Entries can take form in the creative medium of your choice. Written submissions must be a minimum of 100 words, with a maximum being 2,000 words. Video entries must be a minimum of 30 seconds, with a maximum of three minutes. All entries must be submitted in digital form.
- There is no entry fee to be entered in this contest.
- You do not have to be a member of Affinity Credit Union to participate in the contest.
- Entrants are allowed to enter the contest more than one time as long as the creative portion of their entry is unique.
- The odds of winning the contest are entirely dependent on the number of submissions received in each category.
- The contest winners will be contacted directly (by either email or telephone) on or before end of day Friday, November 27, 2020. Only winners will be contacted.
- All submissions become property of Affinity Credit Union and by entering this contest, you grant Affinity Credit Union the right to publish your submission on our website and/or various social media channels. Winners will be asked to submit a personal photo and/or to visit their local Affinity Credit Union to have a photo taken.
- An entry will be disqualified if it is discovered that it violates the contest rules.
- All prizes will be awarded in a cash equivalent, either by electronic means transferred to a member’s chequing account or by sending a cheque to the home address of winner.
- Refusal to accept the conditions of the contest releases Affinity Credit Union from any obligation to any entrant. By accepting the prize, the contestant declares their eligibility as stipulated in these rules, and releases Affinity Credit Union and their directors, officers and employees from all liability for any damage or loss arising from the participation in the contest.
- Employees, members of the immediate family or persons domiciled with an employee of Affinity Credit Union are not eligible to take part in the contest.
- Potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification. Winners agree that Affinity Credit Union may use their name or image for advertising purposes related to the contest free of charge.
- All personal information, such as name and contact information, required to enter the contest is collected by Affinity Credit Union solely for the purposes of administering the contest and shall not be used for any other purpose without your consent. By providing this information, you consent to it being used for the stated purposes.
Affinity Credit Union assumes no liability for any loss, damage or injury including without limitation:
- lost, delayed, damaged, destroyed, illegible or incomplete entries,
- inability of any person to participate in the contest for any reason.
- Affinity Credit Union reserves the right to deny entry to a contestant at its own discretion; to cancel, suspend, or terminate the contest at any time; to appoint the winners at its own discretion; and the right to amend the contest rules without any liability to any contestant.
- This contest is not sponsored, endorsed by or administered by Facebook, Twitter or any other Third-Party Service. By entering this contest, all entrants release all Third-Party Services from any liability.
Affinity Credit Union and its ‘Share Your Credit Union Contest’ follows all Federal Regulations and Provincial Legislations and National Regulations, including, but not limited to (i) Criminal Code (ii) Competition Act (iii) Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (iv) PIPEDA (v) Privacy Act (vi) Consumer Protection Act.